Youth Development Worker
Advantage After School Program
Location: Middleburgh School District, Middleburgh NY
Hours: 3:00 p.m, to 6:00 p.m. M-F. (15 hours per week)
The youth development worker is a part time position, 15 hours per week, hours running 2:45 - 6:00 p.m. M- F. The VOW works under the supervision of a Team Leader or Program Director/Coordinator with a specific age group of youth (K - 12) enrolled in the Experiential Learning Afterschool program in the Middleburgh school district, The VOW ensures that the day-to-day activities of the afterschool program operate smoothly and safely, creating an atmosphere of openness and intellectual curiosity, and a positive welcoming environment for students, parents, and staff. The VOW provides supervision and engages students in developmentally appropriate learning and recreational activities, assists with homework help, daily life needs, prepares and provides snacks and manages youth's behavior and provides supportive intervention when needed.
Specific duties include:
• Availability to work Monday - Friday from 2:45 - 6:00 p.m. throughout the school year
• Enjoy working with children and youth in a relaxed, nurturing and well organized experiential based learning
• A willingness to work outdoors with youth in a variety of science, physical/ recreational activities and
• Must have an ability and interests in organizing and conducting youth activities, games, crafts, and projects
for youth of various ages and abilities.
• Interacting with parent and discussing youth activities and progress with parents and school personnel.
Minimum qualifications for the Youth Development Worker:
Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent,
have at least one year of experience working with children under the age of 13 yrs.
Applicants must be able to provide three personal/professional references whom will be contacted.
Candidates who have experience working or training in youth and child development programs and educational settings preferred.
All employees must agree to be fingerprinted, complete a criminal background check and Clearance through the NYS Central Registry and participate in required training.
For more information or to apply for consideration please send a resume and cover letter to:
John McKeeby, Executive Director, Schoharie River Center, Inc. 2025 Burtonville Road Esperance NY, 12066. Phone 518- 875-6230, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org